Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Highway to Hell ACDC

So I am at the end of my time in Canada. It has been heaps of fun and I would defo come back here again. Here is the latest on what’s been going down...

We headed up to Sue's family cabin on Hornby Island for a few days. It takes 5 hours to get there and 3 ferries but once you make it, its well worth the effort. Only about 1000 people live on the island and most of them are hippes, there is tie dye and dreadlocks as far as you can see. The main road has a petrol station and that is about it, but by far the best thing is the' free store' The hippies have no money because they spend it all on pot so they have set up a shop that is 100% free. It’s like walking into a St Vinnies and not having to pay and you can take however much you like, I nearly lost my brain! It rained most of the time we were there but we went on a few walks and Sue took me to the Cliffs that she and Steve got married on, which over look the ocean and it’s rather nice.

Then I went skiing.
Monday night is ladies night on Mt Seymour and there where dudes everywhere so I was ready to impress.
Now...I am not sure what is harder, standing up, going forward, not going to fast, not going to slow, turning, stopping, and falling over, getting up again or the chair lift back up the mountain!
I have to say, I am definitely the worst skier Canada has ever seen. I was how the Bogans like to refer to things as 'shit house'. Then I had to take the chair lift - did I mention I am petrified of heights, there were tears.
After we went to the bar and had a debrief and Cider, sue gave me a 6 out 10, I was expecting a 2 but she said my determination and the ability to laugh every time I stacked it and also that I only fell back and not on my face was rather good.
In the bar there was a 2 piece band belting out some off key tunes and the played highway to Hell by ACDC , which was hilarious because when we were on the slopes I said to Sue that I felt like I was on a 'Ski Slope to hell' - hence the title of this email

I went to VanDusen Botanical Gardens which appeared in the movie " a very Muppet Christmas" they have a Maze that I got lost in which was really fun. I was starting to freak a little just as I found the way out. Team Me - 1 point, Maze - 0.

Went to whistler for a day and walked around the village, its was snowing and really icy so I was slip sliding all over the place but its a wicked village and now I get what all the fuss is about when people talk about going there, and the mountains are massive.

Went to Granville Island, It was St Patrick’s day, saw the parade in Downtown, caught up with a friend from Sydney that has been living in Whistler for a few years and his Americano lady friend, had dinner with Sue's family and went to the mall.

All up it’s been a good last week. Now I am off to Rome to start my Italian leg of the tour, ill be doing that for a few weeks so will have lots of things to report back by the next time I get to a computer.

Peace out
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home