Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gross

What is worse than finding a mouse dead in a mouse trap...
How about, finding a half dead mouse in a mouse trap, trying to free itself.

So over the weekend we caught 2 mice in our kitchen. I can kind of deal with Cockroaches in Australia, then I move here and mice are the norm.
You wake up in the morning a bit bleary eyed and stumble into the kitchen to pour yourself a cup of ambition, only to find a carcase of a rodent hanging out of trap on the floor in front of you. This is not my favorite was to start the day.

So we have this mouse problem, my flatmate sets a few more traps, with peanut butter as it is official favorite food of mice. We go to bed and then here snap, snap snap! The traps go off. We all rush down to see what happened and the peanut butter is gone, the traps are shut and there are nooooooo mice..
The smart little bastards have figured out how to eat the peanut butter and not get caught in the traps! Don't ask me how cause these things are so sensitive so we re wire them , extra tight and wait for the blood bath.

This morning my kitchen looked like a crime scene, it was the worst.
Their was one mouse, almost decapitated lying near the stove and then we heard..a bit of a rumag...a bit of a scraple...
Behind the bench was a mouse, still alive with its head in the trap but trying to free itself with its paws.
It was the most horrendous thing to think about at 7am in the morning, it made me throw up a bit.
A shoe box and a broom later, flatmate had him covered with a box so he wouldn't escape if he managed to pry the trap open with his super human mouse arms.

I am now officially looking for a new place to live cause I can not deal with mice, bloody London with its stupid mice, just have cockroaches, I can deal with cockroaches, but not mice just the though of them rubbing their hairy little bodies all over my floor makes me gag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home