Saturday, June 30, 2007

My week

Still no home, seen heaps of places and this is now officially driving me nuts.... one guy had the creepiest ginger eyebrows I have ever seen. Another place had a bathroom were the roof was so mouldy and about to collapse, the guy reassured me by saying... ' oh that's ok, just don't look up' cause that makes me feel 100 times better. Saw a wicked place but the people were 100 years old and didn't want any noise which equals no fun. There were a few places on estates with kids shooting up, a few that smelt like wet socks so basically no luck.
Got caught in a massive thunder storm with my buddy so had to stay in the pub till it passed and got rather boozed till the last train came to take me away, the hangover the next day was horrendous. Its been crazy summer weather, its not cold but that rain is chunky. Note to self, don't go out of the house without an umbrella.

On a scarier note - there was a car bomb found just around the corner from my work. They closed the underground in peak hour and the city was just nuts and everyone walking around cause the transport system was shut down for the whole day. So in times of crisis what do the English do...drink. The pubs were packed cause no one could get out of central London so they just got pissed.
It was assistants last day , he is going to join the army...good luck. New assistant starts on Monday, she looks like a little Cameron Diaz, well has the same mouth. My boss promises me that he did not hire her cause she is hot but because he thinks she will actually be good so I will wait to see how long she sticks around for, the last one resigned the day after I stated...no coincidence at all!
I have decided the best thing about my job is the free breakfast, ever Friday they cater for the office and put on a wicked spread,there are bagels, bacon, eggs,crumpets,fresh juice, fresh salad and so much awesome stuff. Its the best way to start a Friday.

Got bargain tickets to see the Roots which will be unreal, they better play 'The Seed' otherwise I am walking out!
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home