Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dumb things people have asked me...so far...

I have a feeling that this will not be the first email about stupid things people have said to me, based on my being Australian.
I am out numbered in my office, there is 1 girl from New Zealand and the rest are British. They have come from all around the place, Wales, the Midlands (where???) down South, Ireland and other places.
There once was an Australian who worked here but not for a while so I think they forget that Australia as a country is well advanced, we have simple thing like electricity, running water and cars.
The other day I was asked if I knew where Las Vegas was.
Seriously people, do you think I am from another planet or just a different country???
Today I was talking to a guy on the phone and he said to excuse him as he was eating chocolate and he went onto describe that it was a round chocolate with a toy in the middle. It is called....'Kinder' . He was totally amazed that I had heard of it, I told him that like in England , in Australia we also had supermarkets and that I had actually eaten a Kinder chocolate before. Amazing!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss A said...

Oh my goodness.

I would have thought the Brits were used to us Aussies and therefore weren't so ignorant about us.

Perhaps I was giving them more credit than necessary!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home