Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What is with the fax machine?

Seriously, am I living in 1982?
Why do I even have a fax machine in my office?
I had to sign a booking today and fax it back..hello why can I not email it to you?
apparently that would not do.
So I go to the fax machine, try to turn it on and it just beeps at my and the screen is blank.
I type in a phone number and hit send and the paper goes through and that is it.
Has it gone?
Did it go to the right place?
How the hell am I suppose to know where my fax turned up?
How can I send a piece of paper to a phone number?
I get back to my desk and email the person who required the fax and ask them if they got it..
They said... no.
Ok, I said, well it does not work then.
They tell me that fax is the only way they will accept a booking.
So I said fine, I wont book with you, if fax id the most advance form of communication that you will use then you will not see a dime from me as my brands are way to advance for this b.s
In the end, they accepted a email...just like everyone else!
Fax machines, pfft, useless.
I might as well of sent a carrier pigeon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

smoke signals

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious Dan. Only you would have the balls to refuse to book with them unless the accept an email booking! Totally agree with you though.

9:42 PM  
Blogger iurgi said...

Good on you for bringing them to the twenty first century.

I actually find that in the UK they still rely pretty heavily on faxes... or at least they did when I was there in 2006

Hopefully someday they'll discover the possibilities of the net

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home