Wednesday, February 04, 2009

NKOTB are freaking awesome

So back when I was 12 I was a fan of the new Kids, not a massive fan but I liked them enough. I heard they were back together and touring, but really name me a band from the 90's who isn't?
Last weekish, I got a ticket to go see them and let me just say...they were brilliant.

Who knew they had so many good songs?
Admittedly they also have a few shit songs which where used for a bathroom break but the hits outweighed the duds.

The one bit in the middle that was crap and that I do not get and also baffled everyone I was with was that when they were doing some soppy love ballad they had a video montage of people that they missed who had died...so I guess it was people that had inspired them or given them hope - nice gesture but seriously...they had a picture of Biggy Smalls and Tupak - didn't know NKOTB where into rap but maybe Donnie was a fan.
Then they had..Kurt Cobain - now I wouldn't really pick Nirvana having that much in common with 5 guys who wore Fido Dido t shirts!
They had a picture of Heath Ledger, now really, what is that all about?

It was defos a random part of the show but ill forgive them as after that they came back with a killer new song. It has Nicole what is her name from the pussy cat dolls so instant hit right there.
It was a kick ass show and I loved it (apart from the montage).

I never though that I would be watching NKOTB whilst drinking a glass of wine but 12 years since the disbanded, they still have the Right Stuff - see what I did there...hilarious.
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home