Saturday, December 06, 2008

I am the 80's queen


So I was born in the eighties, I lived it, I felt it.
I wore my hair in bunchies and watch Punky Brewster, I had the tape of Bananrama and the Rubik's cube. There was cool music and stuff but really it was just a wash of fluro and bad makeup.
Work Christmas party this week was 80's theme and it was horrendous.
There was leg warmers, tight shorts, off the shoulder tops as far as the eye could see. There was also Robert Palmer with 11 back up girls, the Village people which consisted of senior management and there were 2 Michael Jackson in identical outfits which was tres embarrassing.
I decided to glam it up and go as Miss Australia 1984.
I bought a fabulous dress at a thrift store and made a sash out of ribbon and texta and had a sh*t load of hairspray and blue eye make up.
T'was a good night, was clearly robbed as I did not win best dressed so I spent the majority of the evening on the dance floor in 4 inch stilettos which has resulted in foot cramps for the last 2days - bad times.
But I now have this awesome dress to wear to formal occasion that require taffeta, bussels and heaps of shoulder ruffles - good times.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! :D

1:45 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

wasnt your mum in the robert palmer video??

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home