Monday, November 10, 2008

I look good for my age


Yep, This is what I was told on Friday night on my birthday.
You would think I was turning 440 but no, I turned 27. Some girl/child came up to me to wish me happy birthday and asked me how I was...I told her 27 and she said 'You look good for your age'. I still can not work out if this is a direct insult or a weird compliment.
I told my Grandmother that she looked good for her age when she turned 90 so the more I think about it, its an insult.
Lucky it was the end of the night and I was ready to go otherwise there would of been tears, actually, there were tears but of the laughter variety when my friend was busting out some Napoleon Dynamite dance moves.
Over all, was a tops night. There was drinking and dancing and flowers and carrying on.
There was even a fillet o fish at McDonald's on Oxford Street at 3am and a long bus ride home but all in all was a superb night.
Birthdays really are great, and I wish I had more than one a year, but considering the horrendous hangover I had on Saturday and the dull headache that stuck around till Sunday, I think it is probably for the best that they come around every 365 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home