Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I hate christmas

I really do and it is getting worse as I get older.
It is defiantly one of those things that is just for the kids, like theme parks and jam sandwich's, just for kids.
Yesterday I had to go Christmas shopping, what a ball ache. I had to buy 2 presents, one for my 90 year old Gran and 1 for my hippy free spirited Aunty, what a nightmare.
Gran has ended up with oven mits and drawer liners and Aunty got an African candle and free trade coffee, really presents that they don't need but what the hell else am I suppose to buy?

I am working up till Christmas eve then have to get on a packed train down to Brighton and I bet there are no seats so will be standing the whole way...awesome.
Then the trains are not running back to London till Saturday so have to stay there for 3 nights, sleeping on a couch...rad.
I am so not looking forward to any of it, I have already decide that next year I am not doing it, I will book my self somewhere out of the way of any family so I don't have to do this shit.
Buying stupid presents and receiving dumb stuff that I don't want or need.
Pretending to have a good time, when I am not. Eating stodgy English food like Yorkshire puddings and brussel sprouts, gross.

Give me a Pina Colada and some prawns with cocktail sauce on a sun lounger by an edgeless pool watching the sun set with River deep Mountain high playing in the background, that is what I want for Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

next year you can come to caaiiiirrns with me and georgina, but we will have to get our own individual toddler pools, cos I aint sharin!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home