Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why can I not touch type?

I have been working in an office for about 8 years, using computers, I even went and did a basic office course which had a section on 'touch typing' but I can still not do it.
I have worked 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, for about 8 years, minus a few weeks for holidays and the over time cancels out the time when I was hung over and did nothing...so in total I have worked about 122,880 hours and I reckon most of them have been sitting at a desk, at least 3/4 of them so that makes 92,160 hours at a keyboard typing.
Why can I not touch type yet??
I can type rather fast, and I use all my fingers not just the index ones but I cant even spell my own name correct with out looking at the keys.
When is it going to kick in, the magical touch typing skill.
The thing that also grates me is if I accidentally hit the caps lock button. Because I am looking down to see what I am doing, I can type a whole paragraph then look up to discover it is all in freaking capitals!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home