Monday, August 13, 2007

Lesson 1 - Always take your camera

Friday night was going to be a quite one.
Then my buddy at work asked me if I had heard of Silverchair, because she had a few spare tickets. I jumped at the chance and we headed off down to the Brixton academy to see some rock n roll. It was a ripper show. They played some new stuff that I had no idea about , some older things and my favorite Silverchair song, Freak which was unreal.
Then we had these blue wrist bands, so tried the after party...and got in! There were about 40 people including Daniel and Chris form the band and Natalie Imbruglia ( Paul Mac was there to, but no one cares about him).
Seriously though, I take my camera with me everywhere. I can't think of a day that I have not had it in my bag since I bought it, but on Friday morning I thought...'No, I am coming straight home, I don't need it'...IDIOT!
Tried to talk to Daniel Johns but his minders where not the friendliest and Natalie was drunk and not talking to anyone. So I got my courage up and went to talk to Chris.
He was lovely. I think he has always been my favorite out of the three, even if he wasn't before, he is now.
He was friendly and was happy for my friend to take a picture of us on my camera phone (which I can't remember how to transfer over to my computer). He asked me where I was from and how long I had been here and I said that I was from Sydney and that I had seen them play before.
He asked where. I told him how my sister had got my mum to drive us up to Newcastle to see them play in the car park of the ABC studios when they were about 15. He remembered playing there and said that he really liked that gig.
The conversation lasted about all of 2 minutes but it was great, he was lovely and sexy and he shook my hand.
Then I spent the rest of the weekend hung over and gardening - I am rock n roll.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

pfft Paul Mac..

he sucks

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home