Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sunburn in London


Being the ginger that I am, I get burnt just thinking about the sun. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year in London town - 30 degrees, it was a stinker. I actually avoided the burn being the sun smart girl that I am , but I saw a few that didn't - there really is nothing sexy about a geezer with bright red skin.
My buddy Lach is currently in London for 2 weeks, and we spent the day in a field at the 12324 festival. It was unreal, 4 stages, rides, stalls and heaps of people and it was free. Har Mar Super Star was the main act - nothing like a bald, fat, short, sweaty man to tick all your boxes!

We have also been swanning around town, eating and drinking and checking out all the cool things to do. I have taken him to all my favorite places and we have walked all around the place seeing things that are 'London'. Yesterday we were hanging in my kitchen trying to escape the rude heat, when he commented how great but weird it was to be there. In the 10 years we have known each other we have always just caught up at each others house and talked and now he was doing it at my place in London - it was a bit of a moment.

Also, I have burnt some serious holes in my thongs and am going to have to bin them tres soonish. If anyone feels the inclination to nip down to Target, a pair of black rubber things in a size 8 will set you back a couple of bucks and win you a place in my heart and a couch to sleep on if you ever are in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home