Sunday, July 08, 2007

Best Day Ever

I have had some good times in the last couple of months but by far the best time I have had was yesterday, at Live Earth.
It was just such an awesome day, now unfortunately I am suffering from the worls worst hangover. On the train home we realised that between us, me & Gemma drank 24 Smirnoff Ice's so that probably has some thin gto do with it.

Ok ok, so here is a run down of all the brilliant bands that I saw yesterday;

Genisis - We couldn't think of a song that we would know, but we knew them when we heard them , just don't ask me to name them.
Razorlight - Jonny Borrel looks like a woman but he plays a good guitar,I like that song 'America'. Gem also saw Kirsten Dunst loitering off stage.
Snow Patrol - First time I have ever heard that Chasing cars song and not wanted to punch something.
Damien Rice - Unreal, had ex boyfriends memories( he gave me the CD and ruined it for me)
Kasabian - they didn't play the one song that I know but were still good.
Paoulo Nutini - Awesome, that 'Jenny don't be hasty' is a wicked song.
Black Eyed Peas - really really fun, every one was jumping around Taboo is HOT! Also, never been a fan of Fergie but she looked very good and was dressed very appropriate we thought.
John Legend - Played only 1 song and should of done more.
Duran Duran - Awesome, I have seen them before and they know what they are doing. Unfortunately did not play Rio, but still all good.
Chilli Peppers - They were having sound problems and Anthony Kiedis kinda stormed off the stage as soon as they were finished but they were still good. Flea was the best.
Bloc Party - Unreal
Corinne Bailey Rae - Who? Toilet break
Keane - A band without a guitarist....odd
Metallica - OK, so they place went bananas. They were SOOOOOO good. Enter Sandman was so unreal it bought out the head banger in all of us. Defo the best so far....
SpinalTap - Bought on all the bass players from all the bands
James Blunt - Snooze. Toilet break.
Beastie Boys - Unreal, Sabotage went mental. They were up there with Metallica as a fave.
Pussy Cat Dolls - We are 110% sure that they were miming, which you can not do at Wembley, them the rules! They are hot, but a little to slutty for a Charity/fundraiser concert, but I love them all the same.
Foo Fighters - Just awesome. All my life was ridiculously good and My Hero was brilliant, Dave Grohl is now my Hero and Taylor Hawkins ain't that bad either. In the top 3 best of day.
Madonna - I'll be honest I was worried that she might not live up to it considering how unreal the Foo Fighters and Metallica were, but she was brilliant. Her first song was some boring save the world crap but then she did La Isla Bonita and Hung Up and it was like a giant disco. Everyone was singing and dancing and carrying on she is well fit for a 40 year old. I had a bit of a cry, might of had something to do with the million drinks I had and the fact I had been standing for 8 hours but its Madonna, I have waited years to see her (at a reasonable price!)

So, Metallica , The Foo Fighters ,and Madonna were the favorites of my day and Beastie Boys. Honestly is was all just so unreal I can't decide.

They crossed over to Sydney a few times, we went mental.
Only down side....they ran out of food. There were 72 million people and the canteen ran out of food, all I could eat was a bag of chips, come on, were is the events management team! And the other thing, Justin Timberlake was rumorred to be playing, he didnt show, kinda bumed out. I shouldn't really complain - but I did any way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss A said...

Sounds like London rocked more than Sydney did. I just wrote about Live Earth in Sydney here at my blog.

You had Smirnoffs? We were lucky to get out of the stadium INTO a drink line, and even then we were limited to 2 plastic cups of beer per head. I don't think anyone was pissed!!

I am jealous you guys had Black Eyed Peas... I watched the youtube vid of them and it looked GREAT.

John Legend one song? pfft. I would be disappointed too.

Even though our concert was first cab of the rank, by the end of ours, some of the others had begun, but we didn't get ANY satellite footage :-(

Instead we had Thorpe come out and preach about the importance of water to his life. lol.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

HATE YOU!!!

Man I cant believ you went, although I'm glad you did cos I get to hear about it.

Ha! you cried!! thats funny, I would have cried to, my lifes ambition is to see Madonna. (what was that crappy save the world song at first though??)

Foo Fighters killed it.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home