Thursday, August 16, 2007

Observation # 1762

English people like Tea.

I was warned of this, and now I can tell you, it is a serious problem. These crazy English Love their tea. All the talk about is tea. 'I'm just going to get a tea' , 'would you like a tea?' 'Oh I had a lovely tea this morning' , 'I'm a bit stressed, I could do with a tea'.

My friend Louise drinks on average 9 cups of tea a day at work, and that is when she has the time, she says she keeps a few spare tea bags in her draw in case the kitchen runs out, heaven forbid there was no tea!
People do 'tea runs' where they ask every one how they like there tea and then go make it for everyone and then bring it back on a big tea carrying plate. Then every one complements them on their tea making skills. ' Oh, lovely tea', 'you make a good cup of tea', 'you can come to my house and make tea any time you want'.
I am not a fan.
English Breakfast, Earl Grey - bleh! I'll have a chamomile if I am desperate or hungover and maybe a Jasmine with Yum Cha but that is it!
I had a meeting the other day with a rep and I offered her a glass of water, she asked if she could have a tea...I said...'Sorry, I don't make tea, its water or nothing'.

I am thinking, I might steal all the tea bags in the building and hide them, then watch as people slowly loose their brains when they can not make a tea.
Kind of like a practical joke, which I love, but not when they are done to me. Like the time when Peter at my old job covered my desk in KY Jelly and I lost my mind at him when I found out. I took it reaaaaallllly badly. But it was gross, not funny.
Stealing tea bags would be funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

that is an excellent idea.

please do so.

tea-freaks

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The KY thing was totally funny.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home