Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ever have that dream where you are naked in public...

I have done some random things in my time...right now I can not remember any of them but I am if I thought about it I could name a few beauties.

I was in Dublin on the weekend, to have a look around. It is a wicked city, I really liked I and would defo go back. I went to the Dublin castle and walked around the old ruins and I saw a few monuments and explored some cool areas.It rained 95% of the time I was there but really, after living in London for 14 months I can deal with it, my hair on the other hand...well it has a mind of its own, a very frizzy mind.

Anyway, the main reason I went to Dublin was a bit random, there is this photographer, Spencer Tunick. He is from NYC And does these massive landscapes with naked people in them.
I have been a fan of his work for a few years now and always wanted to be part of one of his installations (his wanky art word not mine).
A a few months back I got a heads up about this thing in Dublin and I registered to do it, bought a cheap plane ticket, booked a hostel and that was that.

2.30am on Saturday morning in Ye Olde Dublin, 2400 people meet in town and buses took us out to the Docklands which are the old shipping yards, and we had to walk for miles to get right out onto this wall near the light house, then we are each given a bag and told our poses and then asked to get nude and walk over and get into position.

So imaging 2400 people and me, nuding it up. The hardest part was dealing with the weather, it was freezing and I mean freezing cold. We were on the water and it was raining and felt like winter, man oh man, it was c-o-l-d.
Apart from that part, I am not going to say it was life changing like they said it would be, but it felt pretty bloody good.

It was fun, everyone was joking around and having a good time. I guess cause when you are starkers you don't really have anything else to go on so humor is a good bet.

For my efforts, I get a limited copy of the print that I was in which I will hang on the wall ,with a magnifying glass so I can try to spot myself I will be about 40 rows back on the left, long read hair, pale skin...you can't miss me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home