Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Things I hate

There are a few things that really really get on my nerves that I hate.
For example.... having to sit outside when its cold cause all your stupid friends still smoke and they pretend like its not cold but really it is, I hate that.

Junk mail, when you have a no junk mail sticker on your letter box, I hate that.

When you get a missed phone call and its from a number in Australia, and you are in London and you think you know whose number it is, but you are not really sure, and they never call back, hate that to.


Most of all, the thing that bugs the crap out of me is, that I hate the most...paying for things unnecessarily, wasting money and paying for things and not getting my cash worth.

Yesterday, went to a lunch with new man and his friends. So that's the first part.
If it was my friends I would defo of said something but I am new to this group of people so didn't want to rock the boat.
So, there were about 14 of us at the pub for lunch and 2 kids. nice crowd, I was having a blast till the bill came.
We all had lunch, some people had an entree, I did not.
Some people ordered drinks, again I did not.
I had a desert, some people did not.
So, the bill arrives and 1 girl, who was organising the thing says lets just split it down the middle. I thought for a second, and as much as I despise shit like this, I was like, yeah sure. I didn't have a glass of wine but I did have a desert and a teas so its all about the same same, that's fine with me. Split away.
We are all asked to put in and so we did. Then the mum of the two kids give her credit card and says. 'that's for the 3 of us', and the girls organising the thing says...'Its OK, we have all put in for them, I have included there meals in ours'.
I nearly fell of my chair.

They are kids, not babies, they both had lunch, a full meal and desert and drinks. Why the F**ck am I paying for them!
I was sooooooo angry but held my sh* together and didn't' say anything, but I was furious inside, my blood was about to do a mount Vesuvius outta my veins.
The thing that got me even more was the parents going 'Oh OK, thanks, that's nice'.

Nice. What. How about this.
They are your kids, yes they are very cute and polite and I liked them but its would be NICE if you paid for them instead of just taking my money and not thinking that I won't be fu*ked off.

Honestly, I am never going ot lunch with these people again.
I wish now I had said some thing or none that I was couging up for some ones else young.
The nerve of some people, what do they think, that I am made of money, please.

Also, jsut a side note. Iwent in a car on Saturday night. You wouldn't think it wa sa big deal, but honestly its been months and months since I was in a car. And in London, wow, thats living!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading over your past blog entries i see that you get a LOT of shit for free - designer handbags, ipods, concert tickets, extravagant dinners. so why are you complaining about covering an extra £4 on a group lunch bill. you get more than you gave. suck it up.

-Amanda

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good point but I like a good piss and moan.
x

3:17 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

a pre-requisite for being a friend of mine is a joint understanding that you pay for what you had. Why do you think phones have built in calculators?

fuck that shit.

I don't tip either.

I have: 2 friends.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with rach on this one. I also want to only pay for what I had and I never tip.

Fuck paying extra because a couple of twats decided to get knocked up and inflict their snotty nosed spawn on their mates. Why is the fact other idiots have children my fucking problem? Can't afford to take them out? DON'T. Stay home with a can of baked beans you povo fucks.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Miss A said...

i'm with you on this one - paying for others? Pffft. Go jump.

And how nice of that girl to volunteer that everyone else pay for the kids...pffft. Oops i already said that

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home