Monday, June 21, 2010

Cravings

I love a craving, I get them all the time.
Most commonly they are nostalgic cravings for food in Australia.
The other day I was thinking about Sao biscuits. Man, what I would give for a Sao, you really can't beat a Sao for a snack.
With nothing on them or with some cheese and tomato or Vegemite, Sao's are so dry but so good.
Just lush dry biscuits, like water biscuits but maybe the key is the squareness of them...
And cruskits, I love a cruskit, can't get cruskits here.
I have to settle for stinking Vita Wheat, which is hard and brown, not crispy and light like a cruskit or dry like a Sao.
But yesterday I had a pang for a strawberry milkshake from McDonald's which thankfully I can get here!
Now, I admit when I have a massive hangover I am partial to a Fillet O Fish meal but I can not even remember the last time I had a milk shake from McD's... I must of been about 10 or 12.
It had been a long time and I tell you what, they have not changed that recipe one single bit as it tasted exactly the same!
Whilst I was walking home and enjoying it, it bought back many memories, like the time I went to the McDonald's drive through with my friend Samantha and we were in her dads electrical truck as he had picked us up form school, and then another time my dad took me and my sister to McDonald's. Just random memories of going to McDonald's and having a strawberry shake. My sister always got Chocolate but I am a Strawberry fan through and through.
Fascinating stuff this is, really.
And now today I got a craving for Kraft plastic cheese, which always tastes better when you fold it into little squares.
Man, when I come back in September I am spending a good day in the supermarket and then I am just going to eat my face off and reminisce about good food times.
Sao's & Cruskit's, Kraft plastic cheese, Arnott's Pizza Shapes, Lime Cordial and a good Pad Thai...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home