Wednesday, May 19, 2010

left left right.

I have a problem and have no idea how to fix it.
It is basically driving me both mental and broke.
So, I wear shoes, most people do. All kinds of shoes and I have to always gets them re soled and re heeled which is annoying and expensive but I wear them out, maybe cause I walk lots of places in them.
My day to day shoes can wear out in like 6 weeks, its real annoying.
The thing that bugs me though is that the left shoe always wears out before the right.
Why is this?
Am I fatter more on the left side of my body?
I don't get it..
Cause for ever step I take with my left, I take one with my right so it cant be uneven.
Its not like I am going left, left, right.
Why does this happen?
And the guy at the shoe shop knows it to.
Granted I get a discount cause I take so many pairs of shoes to him but has noticed that its the left that goes before the right and this is costing me way to much.
One of my life mysteries...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike from Adelaide said...

You probably roll more on your left foot. Is the wear in the middle on both shoes ore more to the outside or inside on the left? Life a tyre with enough tread on one side but not enough on theother.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous thalie said...

This is really common. You have one leg longer than the other. Not necessarily a longer leg (unless you've broken one in the past), more likely a tight muscle on one side, such as the psoas, which unbalances your pelvis and gives the illusion of a short leg.
Try these:
Lie on the floor and have someone hold your heels together and see if they match up.
Stand in front of the mirror and dig your fingers in on top of your hip bones, your right hip bone will probably be higher.
See an osteopath about it, they can help balance the muscles and even out the leg lengths. Left untreated this could cause hip degeneration and other problems when you get older.
Cheers
Thalie

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home