Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lucky

So an envelope landed on my desk today, with the word 'Lucky' on it and lots of coins inside. At first thought I was lucky and some one had left me all there change, but alas it was another work collection for a leaving present.
Firstly, they are leaving, its not like they are going to put in for my gift, but that being said I was very happy with my digital camera that I got from my last job. But seriously, if there is no card to accompany the gift, how does the person now I contributed, as far as they are concerned who ever hands the present to them is pretty much getting all the thanks.
So I ask, 'who is this for?' and I get told its for Lucky.
Now, I have been at work approx 6 months, and I know a few people her, but amongst the 150 peeps on 5 different floors and I have never come across any one called Lucky. Apparently Tim is nicknamed Lucky, well I'm sorry but the fact that I don't know this person, let alone their nick name seems like a pretty valid reason for not contributing to their leaving present. I resent the eye rolling and huffing when I said that I wasn't going to put in, you'll be lucky if you don't get a punch in the face from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home