Saturday, March 15, 2008

Breakfast in my new lunch

I always get people ringing me asking to take me to lunch, I do not want to sound ungrateful but I don't have the time. Going to lunch is part of the job, they way it works is...they take me to lunch, we get along , I buy advertising off them.
What evs, this doesn't and has never been the way I operate, you can take me to the fanciest place that costs a motza or buy me the best sandwich in town and you will still not see a cent of my budget.
Some of the tools that I work with go to lunch all the time and it erks me, they come back drunk and then mess up plans and make to much noise.
So, I keep putting off the lunches, people keep calling me, 'When we going to lunch'..'Are you free for lunch'..'How about a quick lunch'..it drives me mental. So as an alternative to lunch I am now saying that I will swap and instead do a breakfast.
Everyone likes breakfast, there is plenty of variety. It can be hot and cooked or cold and fruity. You can get just toast or cereal or sometime waffles with blueberries and maple syrup. I like getting up early so it works for me.
This week I had two breakfast meetings, both at swanky hotels both were ridiculously over priced, not that I paid but my eggs royal this morning had a hefty price tag of £15.00
The best bit was, that half way though my fruit juice two ladies walked in from the hotel and sat at the table next to me...one of them was Kathleen Turner. Now she is way famous, the biggest celeb I have seen, she ate brown toast with 2 poached eggs and she had a cappuccino.
She looked good in her valour tracksuit and her awesome voice was just mesmerising, I cant work out if she has been chaining a thousand durries or if she just sounds like that naturally. either way, she is rad, I was star struck and from now on I am only going to breakfasts at that hotel because the girl I was with said last time she was there, Jud Law was there as well so its a sure fire celeb haunt. Bacon & eggs and a celeb - sounds like plan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home