Friday, February 22, 2008

Just like home

I left a few things behind when I left Sydney, mainly clothes, cds, shoes, my ashtray collection (not normal ashtrays, the cool 1950 type) heaps of bags, bits and pieces.
They are in a few boxes, scattered around the country. I miss my things some imes, other times I think they are just material stuff and I obviously don't need them because I have been doing fine with out them. but then again, I am really looking forward to the nostalgicness( is that a word) that I will get whenever I go back home and open up those boxes and look at my stuff.
Mainly I really miss my clothes...my leopard print shoes, my Lamb wrist bag, my leopard bag, my yellow and black and white stripe Paddington coat and my green dress and all my jackets.

Jackets are important, I always take a jacket even if its 100 degrees outside, now don't get me wrong, I am totally still in love with my leather jacket, I wear it everywhere and at all time and its not been in a cloak room (and will never be) but I wish I had my old jackets to shake things up a bit, wear something different, go for a different look etc.

My fav jacket of all time is probably my brown suede bomber jacket. Ive had it for years, I got it at a market, it cost me a couple of bucks but its so rad, it looks best with jeans.
I asked my ma to send it over, it was going to cost a million dollars so I said don't bother and I had resided to the fact that I would not be wearing it any time soon, but then a friend of hers was coming to London, so she asked her to bring it with her...she did. and now i have it!
It was a special moment when I went to pick it up, it bought a little tear to my eye and it smelt just like home, well actually it smelt a bit like a jacket that had been in a box for 10 months but whatevs. The icing on the cake was that my ma had put it in a Lowes bag.
Gotta love a Lowes bag, with its big crappy logo, reminds me of buying socks for fathers day, ah Lowes, better than Best & Less in my book, but still crap, but still very Australian and good for supplying bags to transport favourite jackets in to me in London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home