Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WHAT?

My grandma lives about 1 hour South of London and being the golden child thatI am, I go visit her about once a month. She is cool, cooks me lunch, and makes me work my arse off...putting things in the attic, opening jars, watering plants, fixing the glass house, vacumming under the tv.
This time I had to cut her hair, restock all the bird feeders and sort out the freezer, no such thing as a free lunch these days.
Any way, I went down there on Saturday and hung out for the day...

me: knocking on the door
grandma: hello
me: hi grandma!!
grandma: what?
me: hi grandma!
grandma: sorry,ive lost my hearing aid, what did you say?
me: HI GRANDMA!!! ( SHOUTING)
grandma: oh, hello dear, how are you?
me: good
grandma: what?
me: GOOD!!
grandma: oh good, come in
me: thanks
grandam: what?

Honestly it went on like this for the 6 hours I was there, I had no voice left by the time I went home. The best bit was at 4.15pm she had to watch Deal or no Deal and she turns the TV on and I was deafended, I didnt know TV's could go that loud.

me:GRANDMA, ITS A BIT LOUD, CAN YOU TURN IT DOWN??
grandma: what, I can't hear you?

Honestly, I hade to leave the room it was ridiculous. Bless her, my grandma, she is great and she makes a good potatoe salad, shame about the hearing thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home