Saturday, February 02, 2008

Trivia



Had a work trivia night last night. I love trivia, my forte is definately celebrties and pop culture. What are Bob Geldolf's kids called? What did the little kid say at the end of the credits on every episode of the X files? What street did they live on in the show Roseanne? tick, tick, tick - I am rad!

So it was a good night, few glasses of rose, some dodgy finger food and a bit of cheating (not my team) we didnt win but 4th out of 8 is ok. Without a doubt the highlight of the evening was the following question...What is the national emblen for Australia? now as I was the only Aussie presnt I had this in the bag, much to my teams delight. I might also add, that if the question was ' What is the emblem for England?' I would also have know that. But no one, out of 8 teams of about 8 people knew what theAustralian emblem was. A lot of people put Eucalyptus, which ill be fair ,is ok in my books, its common, people know it, its more talked about than the lame old wattle tree.

But one answer made me laugh so hard I cried...TheFig. Seriously, they put 'The Fig' as Australias emblem. Now come on, why?? There is nothing in my mind that makes me thing of Figs when I think of Australia, the Wattle is green and gold, that is a clue right there, but the fig...its brown/purple and its a fruit..WTF???

I was laughing and crying for a good twenty minutes about this, so we decided that we would change Australias emblem from the Wattle to The Fig and Englad would change theres from the Rose to a scone with clotted cream and jam....maybe even Fig jam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home