Thursday, February 21, 2008

So you want to know me now...

So when I was about 12 me and my sister shared a room, no biggy. But she had a really good tape collection, I also had a few tapes but she had really good ones. She had this one tape that was from a Q magazine and it was a compilation of songs. There was one song on the tape that I loved and when she was not there I used to play it over and over and over ( sorry sis). Then I don't know what happened but I didn't listen to the tape any more, I don't know where it went, I asked her a few years ago and she had no idea what I was talking about.
So for years I've been singing this song to myself, wondering who its by, what it is called its slowly been eating away at me, I was thinking I would go to my grave never knowing.
Until now.
Today, I was at work, listening to Radio One as always and typing away and I hear it. They are playing the freaking song!!! Not only that but they back announce it and tell me who it is by and what it is called!! I nearly fell off my chair, its taken 14 years but final I know what this amazing song is. It lived up to all the memories I had and I googled the crap out of it and now played it a thousand times. It is my number one and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted now that I know. For those playing at home, the song is called Yes, by McAlmont and Butler and it has total made my day, week, last 14 years worth while.
And P.S I named my blog after one of my favorite songs, and I would of named it after this song if I had knowns it name...maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home