Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Helena Christienson, Jerry Springer, Hillary Swank, Marissa Tomei, Keanu Reeves and me.

So, I am back from New York city...it is celebrity heaven!
I was just going for a casual stroll down the street and Helena walks past with her friends. Man, that is one skinny woman. Then Jerry Springer was sitting next to me and a ball game in Central park.
My friend was served after Marissa Tomeii at the chemist. Hillary Swank took the last table at the cafe we were trying to get into and Keanu Reeves gave me the eye as I was walking down the street - he is dead set following me, starting to creep me out.

NYC is one massive city, there is a heap of stuff to do, and I pretty much did all of it.

I went to the Met, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. I went up the Rockafella building to see the view. Central Park, 5th Avenue, Times Square, 42nd street. China town, Little Italy, Nolita, the West Village, the East village, Upper east side, lower East side, Uptown & Down town and everything in between.
Crossed the Brooklyn bridge - I now know what it feels like to be the only white girl walking down the street. Went on a boat to see the statue of Liberty, was the biggest let down since finding out that Mr Big's name was John.
Hung out in a few trendy cafe's,ate cupcakes - which are everywhere, read the New York Times, drank cocktails, ate amazing food and had some horrendous hang overs.

One of the killer moments was going to a 30th birthday in the Penthouse of a new hotel in the Lower East side = cool. Then ended up at some club in the meat packing district that was so new it hadn't even properly opened yet...apparently Sting and Kate Hudson and a few other massive stars where there...no idea, didn't see them, was to busy drinking the free French champagne to notice.

All up, it was a crazy, busy, exciting, and wet as the weather was consistently sh*t.
I have done a fair few plane journeys in my time but I have never had jet lag as horrendous as I had coming back. I have spent the last 3 days in bed and I am still tired. I don't think Ill ever wake from the funk it is either jet lag or swine flu, I can't decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home