Friday, January 22, 2010

My toe ring.

A long time ago, about 5 years a girl I worked with gave my a toe ring.
She went to Bali and bought it back.
Its was plain and silver, and just a little ring to put around my toe.
But I put in on, and I have not ever taken it off.
Man, I love that toe ring.
I would look at it and think just how much I loved it and how happy in it my toe felt.
Last night... I took my sock off and toe ring was no more.
It had snapped off.
No idea how, but my toe was bear and out of my sock came to bits of what was once my ring.
Sad sad times.
Its been there, literally for years, I loved it, I wore it with pride and I thought it looked so good.
I am not the same person without it.
I am lost.
I am walking different.
I do not feel complete.
I feel naked and vulnerable without it.
What I would give to have that toe ring back.
My dear toe ring, all the way from Bali, that I wore with pride.
It had seen some good times and had many a grain of sand stuck under it.
My toe ring.
You completed me.
I am nothing without you.
My toe ring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous ms Givens said...

I always seem to love the things given to me more than the things I buy myself.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home