Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Craft. Love craft.

I love craft.
Love making things.
Lots of arty crafty things.
Like sewing, knitting and now crochet.
Last night I finished my first crochet.
It is a cushion.

I know this is not cool.
But you know what?
I am not bothered.
Because these are my skills.
And if I am honest, I don't really have an other skills.
I can't sing.
I can't act.
I am no good at running or sport in general.
I am not clever.
I can't spell very good.
I am not really talented in any way.
All I am good at is craft.
I am good at craft.
And jigsaw puzzles.
Maybe they are related somehow...
But craft mainly.
Look at my cushion.
I made it.
The whole thing.
I taught myself off the Internet.
I am very proud of my work here.
Yes, its a bit wonky.
And yes the colours are a bit gross.
But look at it.
For a 1st crochet attempt, I think it is pretty damn good.
Next week, I will be looking into learning macrame and other skills from 1972.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home