Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Under cover of Darkness.

I am a big fan of the Strokes.
Have been for a while.
I first heard them in 2002 when my friend Annica made me a CD of cool songs.
She was from New York so clearly was cool and in the know.
And then ever since then I have slowly and steadily fallen in love with this band.
Today, I have listened to their new album on repeat no less than 10 times.
I have been waiting a while for this album.
I have been happy with their old stuff but still I was eager to hear the new stuff.
It has not disappointed.
It is similar to their usually stuff, but I like that.
It sounds like the Strokes and to be honest, I would of been disappointed if it sounded any different.
They have not come out with anything really different, there is no big change.
It is music that I like in a style that suits them and I am well impressed that they have not going mental and put some techno eclectic hardcore sh*t in there.

So far my favorite of the new tracks are:
Metabolism
Under cover of Darkness
Call me back
And I have been checking out the new video clips as well, and I love this performance they did on SNL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDL_qDZmE7M

If you don't choke looking at Miley Cyrus and her vomit inducing introduction then watch this clip and witness just how cool these guys are.
I don't think they could give 2 sh*ts about being there and I love that.
They could not be cooler if they tried.
All in all, I am very happy with this new album it has made me most excited about seeing them.
The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home