Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Do I look like hired help?

I don't often ask myself this but I did on Thursday night.
I had my posh work dinner, and it was really posh. We had a tasting menu with 7 courses and 7 glasses of wine to compliment them, after the 5 hours it took to finish I was well full and well pissed.
I snuck a peak at the bill and for 4 people it was just a pinch under £1000. Seriously it was the most expensive thing ever, but worth ever penny, of who ever paid for its money.
Any way, before dinner I was having a drink at the bar with my boss, waiting for the other 2 to arrive. I had a glass of champagne that cost £12.95 ( love it) and then my boss goes to the loo and leaves me at the bar.
No biggy, I am cool to hang and check out the view and drink my fancy champagne. but this 60 year old comes right up to me and puts his drink down and winks at me and goes ' how you doing?'. WTF! There are clearly two glass and my boss only just left and this guy is in there quicker than you can say 'Just cause I am wearing fishnets does not make me hired help'
I smiled and ignored him -that's the mature thing to do.
Thankfully my other 2 dinner peeps showed up shortly after but it was without a doubt the most uncomfortable 2 minutes of my life.
But if anyone wants to make a bit of extra tax free cash I recon that place it the spot to tout your wares.
Apart from the akwardness at the start, dinner was unreal, 7 courses of delicious awesomeness. It would be nice to be stupid rich and eat like that all the time and we even got to take the desert home as we were to full to finish it, but really when you spend a grand you expect to be able to take what ever you want home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home