Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Smoky goodness

There are many things I miss about Australia, and it was three years since I had left just the other day..time sure does fly past.

But I have said it before, the things I miss are simple and yesterday one of the things I miss the most I do not have to miss no more...I am a massive fan of smoked food.
Smoked Cheese, smoked wood flavours crisps, smoky anything and smoked flavoured tuna in a tin is one of my life's great pleasures.
I think about it all the time, I crave it like a pregnant lady and in an ideal world I would eat it about 4 times I week. Nearly every day when I think of lunch, I wish for a tin of smoked tuna.. Its healthy, tastes good and is cheep, what more do you want form a food!
So yesterday in the supermarket, I found what I think may be my saving grace..It is new and holy moly I bought a lot of it, I hope it tastes ok!
I was doing the usual, looking for anything smoked...come on surprise me London and have some smoked fish and then BAM! There is was!
If this is the answer, I am going back down to the Tescos and I am buying the whole stores supply.
Now, If I can just find, a peppermint crisp, a cheery ripe, pumpkin soup and a big ol box of cheezels I will be the happiest Australian this side of Oxford Street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home