Saturday, July 11, 2009

Do you have plans for the weekend?

I hate this question.

I get asked this questions all the freaking time, every freaking Friday.
Unless you are asking me out on a date I don't want to hear it.
And really what does it matter what I have planned.
What happens if my plans involve doing nothing, if the highlight of my weekend will be sleeping on my couch after eating an Vegetable Biriyani cause lets be honest, that sounds like a great night to me.
Every time my phone rings I get the hi, how are you blah blah blah, what are your plans for the weekend?
Seriously I have had enough.
Sometimes I make things up, like I will say, I am going to Cuba for a Pina Colada then I will get the next flight back.
Who are you to know that that is not real?
Or I once said, I am putting up Christmas decorations. It was June.
But what if I was, what if I really liked decorations and wanted to put them up really early?
I have massive hate for this question.
I also have massive hate for the question I get every Monday.
What did you do on the weekend?
Is it your business?
No.
Do you really care?
No.
If I told you that I swam with a grey nurse shark, then rally drove through the North of Africa would you believe me?
Who are you to tell me I didn't do that?
I know people are being polite and that that is just what you are meant to do but in my ideal world it would got like this...
''Ring ring
Hello...hi..ok so lets talk business''
Non of the BS.
Less chit chat more straight to the point.
That is how I roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home